A1 Fire & Security Solutions Limited, T/A A1 Security are based at Autumn Park Business Centre, Dysart Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire. NG31 7EU. (Referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”).
This policy has been written for compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPS) which comes into force on 25th May 2018. This policy explains to our customers what data we collect about them, how it is used and how we keep it secure.
A1 Security are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and our Registration No. is ZA181786.
WHO WE ARE
A1 Security are an independent security company based in Lincolnshire. We specialise in installation and maintenance of intruder alarms, fire alarms, CCTV, door entry and access control systems. Other services include keyholding & guard response, manned guarding, mobile patrols and CCTV monitoring.
HOW DATA IS OBTAINED
We obtain information that you have provided via:
- enquiries submitted via our website using the “contact us form”
- enquiries made in person, telephone, email or by social media (i.e. Facebook)
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
A1 Security may collect the following data about you:
- your name and job title (if applicable)
- your contact details, postal address including billing and installation addresses, landline/mobile telephone numbers and email addresses
- keyholder names and contact telephone numbers. These details are only used in the event of an alarm activation
- Identification passwords, applicable to monitored systems only
- Correspondence and communication preferences
There may be specific instances when we need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. The above data is collected directly, i.e when you request a quotation or take-over of your existing system.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Personal data is used to:
- provide quotations, goods & services
- issue Sales Agreements and Maintenance Contracts
- crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- we have legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (i.e. in relation to and investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Maintaining customers data is essential to A1 Security and we are committed to keeping personal data safe and secure.
Security measures include:
- hard copies of customers files are kept in locked cabinets and only administration staff have access
- anti-virus, Firewall & Network protection on all computers
- all computers, devices and software password protected
- internal policies and training of staff setting out our data security approach
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA?
A1 Security will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary and for the purpose set out in the Policy. What information we keep will depend on the legal or regulatory requirements and industry practice.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
A1 Security will only share your personal data with service providers and suppliers.
In certain instances, i.e. monitored alarm systems we may be required to share your personal data with our alarm receiving centre (ARC) and Police Authorities. A1 Security only allow its service providers to handle your personal data when they have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
A1 Security will NOT disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below:
- authorising bodies such as the SSAIB. As an approved company we are required to share your data to achieve certification of compliance and issue of certificates. This information is shared confidentially by both parties and solely for the purpose of approval to the scheme and maintain approval.
- debt collection agencies
- manufacturers to register equipment installed at your premises
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:-
- to comply with our legal obligations
- to exercise our legal rights (i.e. in court cases)
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution or offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers
A1 Security will NOT sell customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes
A1 Security Will NOT transfer information you provide to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
- At anytime you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you free of charge. A £10 fee may apply if the request is manifestly unfound or excessive.
- In certain circumstance such as where the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you have the right to require us to erase all personal data held about you.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date please contact us using the details below.
By submitting your personal information to us you are consenting to the use of that data as set out in this policy
A1 Security may change this policy from time to time so please check that you have the current version. If you are using our website, your agreeing to be bound by this policy
Dated: 15th May 2018