Fire Alarm Servicing and Maintenance
Regular servicing and maintenance of your fire alarm system is a legal requirement. It will also give you assurance that your fire alarm equipment will work when it is needed most. Landlords, occupiers, owners or employers are responsible for maintaining fire safety, including fire alarm systems, at their premises. In addition, you need to test your fire alarm on a weekly basis to ensure you comply with the requirements of BS5839. Our fully trained and competent engineers can carry out fire alarm servicing to any fire alarm system, in any type or size of premises. All servicing is carried out in accordance with BS5839-1.
What is tested on a fire alarm service?• Testing of the main fire alarm panel
• Testing of back-up batteries
• Visual check of the wiring
• Verifying that automatic detectors are working correctly
• Verifying that manually operated devices are working correctly
• Checking audible and visual warning devices are functioning
• Plant shutdown
• Checking system documentation
How often should I have my fire alarm system serviced?We can service your system annually, six monthly or quarterly. Your fire risk assessment will indicate how regularly your system is to be serviced. The risk assessment considers the type of fire alarm system installed, the environment in which it operates and other factors that may affect the long-term operation of the system.
Our recommendation is that inspection and servicing visits should be carried out every six months.
In addition, you need to test your fire alarm on a weekly basis to ensure you comply with the requirements of BS583.
What are the benefits of fire alarm maintenance?There are many benefits of regular fire alarm inspection and maintenance, a few are listed below;
• It makes you, your employees, customers, visitors and premises safer
• A fully functional fire alarm system will give you an early warning signal in the event of fire, enabling safe and timely evacuation.
• Regular maintenance of your fire alarm system can also benefit you by maximising component life and minimising false alarms.
• You are less likely to encounter problems with claims on your insurance.
• You also avoid trouble by complying with Health and Safety rules.
Call-Out RateDuring the hours of 8.30am-5.00pm our standard call-out rate is charged at £80.00 + VAT. Emergency out of hours call-out’s start from £125.00 + VAT (available to maintenance customers only)
How much does Maintenance cost?
All maintenance contracts offer access to our 24-hour emergency call-out facility. This gives you the peace of mind that in the event of any emergency an engineer’s is on hand to help.
Prices below are based on a 6 monthly service visit
|No. of Devices
|Cost per visit
|Between 1 – 20 Devices
|£120.00 + VAT
|Between 21 – 40 Devices
|£145.00 + VAT
|Between 41 – 60 Devices
|£220.00 + VAT
|Above 61 Devices
|Price available on request
Prices based on a 20-mile radius of Grantham
If you are outside of this radius please give us a call for a free quotation
Additional work carried out on site during the service visit will be charged at £65.00 + VAT per hour